Savage and Whitten Wholesale Ltd one of Ireland’s largest independent wholesalers wish to appoint a number of Warehouse Operatives to their growing Night Shift team.
As a people focused business you can be assured that a career with S&W will be both progressive and rewarding.
Summary of Position:
To assist in the overall production and dispatch of customer orders and to adhere to health and safety regulations and procedures always.
Role: Warehouse Operative – Night Shift
Contract: Permanent – Full time – Sunday to Thursday 2100-0530
Hours of work: Duties and Responsibilities:
- To accurately pick and pack orders using voice picking unit
- To minimise missed sales and losses to the company through accurate picking
- To work efficiently as part of a team
- To keep work area clean and tidy, being responsible for the general maintenance of warehouse floor
- To maintain high levels of health and safety standards
- To be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work
- To build and pack cages at a reasonable height as designated by your manager ensuring all heavy goods are placed at the bottom of cage
- Duties involve regular repetitive light, medium and heavy lifting
- Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
- Warehouse/retail experience
- Physical and manual dexterity
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Willingness to undertake training
- NVQ Level 3 in warehousing/retail
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a similar environment
- Experience of voice activated picking.
Job benefits and perks:
Savage & Whitten’s wish to encourage a high-performing culture.
We value and respect all our employees and to thank them for all their hard work, dedication, and passion we offer a generous benefits package, to highlight only a few:
- Annual Leave & People Friendly Policies
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme (Employer 3% & Employee 5% contribution)
- Employers for Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Death in Service Benefit
- *Employee Assistance Programme with access to health and wellbeing support services (*after 6 months continuous employment)
- Excellent training programmes
- Opportunity to progress to other roles
If you fit all the above criteria and have strong experience in a similar position and are looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Please send a CV and Cover Letter via the apply button. Applicants may be asked to complete an aptitude test.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th July 2021 at 12noon.
S&W Wholesale Ltd are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Reference ID: S&WMIDSEP2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.00-£9.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift