We are currently recruiting for the role of Trainee Business Development Executive to join our Business Development Team based at our Newry head office. This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and expanding Company that can offer excellent long-term development opportunities.
The primary purpose of this new role will be to assist the Waste To Energy (WTE) Business Development Manager in the further development of this sector of the business. This is a varied and challenging role, liaising with production and customers, staying informed of current and latest market developments, generating new opportunities and, with support developing these through to completed contracts.
If you are a talented, practical graduate looking to develop a rewarding and lucrative career in Business Development and beyond, then this is an exciting opportunity to grow and develop with support and training as part of a customer-focussed and innovative business.
Full training will be provided in both the market and technical sides of this Business sector, developing Industry knowledge and skills to empower the individual to be relevant in a constantly changing marketplace.
- Research and develop opportunities for waste fuels in a number of sectors and industries across Europe and beyond.
- Build and develop relationships with influencers instilling confidence with end users that Re-Gen can become a strategic partner.
- Attend networking events to increase Re-Gen exposure in new and developing markets.
- Build and maintain a positive profile within the Industry sector.
- Develop personal relationships with existing off-take contract personnel.
- Assist in managing existing waste fuel contracts. Liaising on forward planning of bulk shipment schedules and agree with production management.
- Liaise with production on quantity and quality including maintaining and developing production projections and testing records. Oversight of testing regularity and protocols.
- Liaising with customer representatives to agree bulk shipment dates.
- Develop knowledge of and relationships with shipping charter companies to ensure Re-Gen achieve best outcome for bulk shipping inclusive opportunities and existing bulk shipping inclusive contracts.
- Liaising with shipping agents, logistics partners and in house logistic provisions to ensure no delays in shipping scheduling.
- Hosting representatives of new business opportunities and coordinating in house with production and support staff to ensure Re-Gen properly showcased. Additionally, hosting existing customer inspections.
- Accurate accrual of all information to company data base.
- Acting as a first point of contact for the Waste to Energy team.
- Assisting with Tender Submissions and providing information as required.
- Attend events and meetings including out of working hours.
- Update company and dept. presentations, product specifications and other digital materials as required for both internal and external use.
- Assisting other Team members arranging travel, transport, and accommodation; car hire bookings for Team.
- Assist with the preparation of company events, exhibitions, and conferences.
- Work and liaise with colleagues in other parts of the business.
- The successful candidate will be educated to Degree level in Business, Engineering, Management, or having proven experience in a similar role.
- Analytical skills, thinking researching, questioning.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Outstanding people skills, a natural communicator.
- Strong abilities in basic mathematics and written word, particularly spelling.
- Ability to understand technical information.
- Self-motivated and resilient with a positive attitude.
- Desire to work within a technical sales environment
- Able to rebound quickly after disappointment/failure.
- Flexibility to travel where and when dictated by opportunities.
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Company Pension Scheme, Healthcare Plan, Paid holidays, Employee Perks Card, Free On-site car parking, Canteen Facilities, Career Development Opportunities
The closing date for applications is 16th July 2021
Re-Gen is an equal opportunities employer whom employs a workforce with members from all sections of the community and is committed to appointing candidates purely based on merit.