In Norbrook we pride ourselves in being one of the top 11 companies in Northern Ireland and in the top 15 veterinary pharmaceutical companies globally. We develop & manufacture veterinary medicines, supplying products to 120 countries globally. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in R&D to launch new products annually, we have opportunities for individuals to join us and develop their career in a global company.
Our business strategy is supported by our Values – Customer Value, One Team, Results Driven, Excellence, Innovation, and Quality – and we support our employees to live the behaviours that creates our culture. Our on-going success is based on the expertise, knowledge and innovation of our employees. If you are interested in joining our team here at Norbrook and supporting our vision, then apply for this role.
Based within our maintenance department and reporting to the Senior Maintenance Manger the successful candidate will be responsible for supervising a team of plumbers, pipe welders and fitters to ensure the maintenance priorities are met on a day to day basis. This role will require on-going engagement from all of the different departments and stakeholders which will involve significant people engagement as well as a good technical understanding of the systems.
- Give clear direction to plumbers and pipewelders regarding the jobs requiring completion
- Prioritise technical duties to ensure Norbrook operations duties are met.
- Ensure workmanship standards are met at all times.
- Implementation of all Norbrook HR policies and procedures
- Management of all teams holidays and absences
- Assure performance of team maintained and improved.
- Agree metrics with management and track performance of team.
- Ensure completion of worksheets of work completed
- Management of contract staff.
- Audit 3rd party service providers for capability and value.
- Assess work completed of 3rd party for workmanship standards and adherence to contractual requirements.
- Processing of parts ordered and ensure all procurement processes are followed.
- Ensuring that correct materials of construction are used for each job
- Ensure that safety permits (including line breaking/electrical lock-out, access to heights using ladders/access platforms/equipment and other relevant permits) are strictly adhered to while the jobs are being performed
- Complete a safety review of the proposed jobs before commencement, identifying the most suitable pipe route, valve arrangement and the impact of the change on existing infrastructure.
- Ensure that the area is cordoned off with safety barriers/tape while work is taking place
- liaise with the area managers to schedule work at the most suitable time to ensure that downtime is minimised
- ensure that the pipework has been cleaned and pressure tested upon completion (if necessary) before handing back to the area manager and that the area has been tidied up
- ensure that drawings are updated following changes to pipework
- Use of the PEMAC system
- Ensure that pipe fitters/welders have the appropriate certification to complete the job
- Track the costs of each job so that materials and labour can be assigned appropriately
- Work with immediate supervisor to ensure that change control aspects are being followed with the proposed work.
- A minimum of 3 years previous post apprenticeship plumbing or pipe welding experience in a maintenance / engineering environment.
- Previous experience of operating a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Strong technical skills.
- Logical and well organised approach to problem solving.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate good Microsoft Office skills.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Newry, Co. Down
Remuneration: Salary Attractive
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Paid Holidays, On-site Parking, Pension Scheme, Canteen Facilities, Healthcare plan, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Car Insurance, Perks Scheme
Contact: The Human Resources Department
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community.