As part of the New Product Development team, you will be responsible for the successful development and control of new and existing products, ensuring that they are produced within the appropriate regulatory environment and to customer and company specifications. As a senior technologist you will manage a number of retail customer accounts and be responsible for developing and launching both branded and Own Label products working in partnership with retailer development teams to meet their development timelines.
KEY TASKS & DUTIES
- Carry out the development, testing and production launch of new products within TS Foods.
- Undertake re-formulation of current products and assessment of alternative materials as required.
- Manage allocated customer accounts and ensure development timescales are met.
- Work with Product Development Manager in responding to customer briefs to develop innovative yet viable product ranges
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed for customer presentations
- As this role will involve the entire NPD process from concept to launch you will provide support to the Production team during trials and production commissioning.
- Preparation & Cooking of Products for Internal Tasting Sessions.
- Conduct Regular Routine Taste Panels for Standard Product & Competitor Products. Document Taste Panels.
- Supporting & cooking up for Customer Presentations.
- Preparation & make up of recipes and customer samples
- Completion of Pack Copy Information: Completing Cooking Instructions, Shelf-Life Samples etc.
- Following the NPD Process so all due diligence is met.
- Liaising with QA Dept on all issues re. Product consistency, safety, quality & legality.
- Contribute to all areas where necessary to ensure the continued smooth running of TS Foods.
- Any other duties as requested by the Production Development Manager.
- Comply with site Health & Safety Requirements
- Observe all Company Procedures at all times
- Have a flexible & positive approach to the role
- Always represent the company in a professional manner
New developments and changes to customer requirements mean that processes and their associated tasks and functions do not remain static. In order to remain flexible, responsive and competitive, T.S Foods Ltd. reserves the right to adapt roles and responsibilities in response to operational changes and there is a reasonable expectation of adaptation to new or modified working methods as required.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate how they meet the essential criteria below:
- 3rd Level qualification in Food/ Science related subject or extensive experience in a similar role within product development
- Minimum 1 years’ recent experience in NPD Role in the Food Industry
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail with strong organisational skills
- Good working knowledge of excel and Word
- Strong interest in food development and good knowledge of food trends
- Self-motivated, able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be resilient with good problem and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while effectively meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal communication and customer facing skills
- Address 40 Mary Street, Castlewellan, BT31 9DU
- Salary Offer 25-27K