In Norbrook we pride ourselves in being one of the top 11 companies in Northern Ireland and in the top 15 veterinary pharmaceutical companies globally. We develop & manufacture veterinary medicines, supplying products to 120 countries globally. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in R&D to launch new products annually, we have opportunities for individuals to join us and develop their career in a global company.
Our business strategy is supported by our Values – Customer Value, One Team, Results Driven, Excellence, Innovation, and Quality – and we support our employees to live the behaviours that creates our culture. Our on-going success is based on the expertise, knowledge and innovation of our employees. If you are interested in joining our team here at Norbrook and supporting our vision, then apply for this role.
- Based within the Procurement Department, reporting to the Head of Procurement, we are seeking an experienced Procurement professional to support the department in managing material and overhead expenditure and delivery, identifying and supporting opportunities for cost savings, ensuring departmental policies and procedures are aligned to corporate objectives and managing departmental KPIs.
- Ensuring that all Materials and Services are sourced, ordered and delivered in a timely and cost effective manner to meet weekly production and organisational requirements;
- Managing vendor performance on an ongoing basis, ensuring consistent quality and compliance with GMP and GDP requirements with on time in full delivery;
- Assisting Technical Procurement Team with all NPD projects on a raw material sourcing basis;
- Procurement lead for Purchase-to-Pay system, supporting the business and end user needs;
- Establishing and delivering measurable KPIs for all levels of procurement activities including supplier performance, cost savings and inventory targets, aligning with corporate objectives / targets and reporting to senior management on a timely basis;
- Working with key internal stakeholders to minimise the risk of interruption to supply to new and existing product portfolios, thus supporting Norbrook’s Customer OTIF – to include supporting the inventory model and minimising risk of stock obsolescence;
- Contract and price optimisation for consumables, overheads and capital expenditure, with ongoing market analysis of spend categories and profiles. This will include conducting thorough RFQ activities, negotiating competitive commercial terms and working with our legal department to agree comprehensive contracts to protect the company’s interests and mitigate risk.
- Managing a team of buyers supporting the operational and strategic needs of the business.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a commercial / business discipline;
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience in a Procurement role, ideally in a high compliance / regulated manufacturing environment (e.g. Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, food);
- Demonstrable experience of tendering / RFQs, contract negotiation, supplier management and the sourcing and selection of suppliers;
- Strong organizational and prioritisation skills, used to working in a busy and challenging environment, managing multiple procurement tasks / projects concurrently;
- Highly numerate with strong IT skills, including advanced Excel (e.g. pivot tables, lookups) and with demonstrable experience in ERP / MRP systems;
- Demonstrating initiative, taking ownership of tasks and have the tenacity, drive and ambition to complete tasks within tight deadlines;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and be confident of liaising at all levels to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to facilitate occasional travel requests.
- CIPS or equivalent certification;
- Demonstrable experience of managing Purchase-to-Pay system;
- Previous staff management experience.
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Newry, Co. Down
Remuneration: Salary Attractive
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Paid Holidays, On-site Parking, Pension Scheme, Canteen Facilities, Healthcare plan, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Car Insurance, Perks Scheme
Contact: The Human Resources Department
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community.