We are currently seeking a Sales Assistant/Post Office Clerk to look after our customers on a day to day basis. You will be required to work between the Shop and Post Office
Sales Assistant Key activities and responsibilities:
- Customer acknowledgement when first entering the store and the provision of a level of service that customers value.
- Serving customers from the till points, being responsible for cash handling and card payments.
- Assisting stock control and management within the store, including; accepting and checking new deliveries, re-stocking shelves, rotating stock, date checking, stock checking, ensuring that product availability in store is excellent at all times.
- Providing guidance to customers on shop products, services and offers, including assisting shoppers to find items within the store.
- Housekeeping on site, within the store, on the till area, in the back store ensuring the site is clean and tidy at all times.
- Providing support and cover for holidays and sickness when required.
- Must be fully flexible and available to work weekends and evenings
Post Office Counter Key activities and responsibilities:
- Ensure the procedures set by the Post Office and balance procedures for all transactions are completed correctly.
- Communicate accurately to customers all information regarding the products and services offered by Post Office.
- Ensure all customers are dealt with in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Maintain good communication with the Retail Store Manager and store staff where relevant.
- Be aware and understand new Post Office products and be able to communicate this to customers.
- Ensure the branch is always kept clean, tidy and to a professional standard.
- Candidates must have good numeracy skills and be confident in using a computer.
- Previous Post Office experience essential.