In Norbrook we pride ourselves in being one of the top 11 companies in Northern Ireland and in the top 15 veterinary pharmaceutical companies globally. We develop & manufacture veterinary medicines, supplying products to 120 countries globally. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in R&D to launch new products annually, we have opportunities for individuals to join us and develop their career in a global company.
Our business strategy is supported by our Values – Customer Value, One Team, Results Driven, Excellence, Innovation, and Quality – and we support our employees to live the behaviours that creates our culture. Our on-going success is based on the expertise, knowledge and innovation of our employees. If you are interested in joining our team here at Norbrook and supporting our vision, then apply for this role.
Norbrook Laboratories Ltd is seeking to recruit a Maintenance Fitter. Based within our Maintenance Department the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out day to day mechanical maintenance within a manufacturing facility comprising of both preventive and reactive duties.
The Maintenance Fitter is a critical member of Central Services Maintenance team and will focus on maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing machinery in our manufacturing facilities as well as being actively involved in our preventative maintenance programme.
- Maintenance and repair of production plant and equipment to ensure optimum machinery performance and reduction of downtime;
- Perform fault diagnosis to establish root cause of failure on mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems;
- Perform preventative maintenance activities on plant and equipment as per schedule
- Recording of all work details including equipment issue, time of failure, work carried out, parts used and required follow up actions
- Working with all stakeholders as part of the manufacturing team to ensure machine efficiency and prioritisation of work as agreed;
- Any other duties which may reasonably be required by the company
- Must have served a recognised mechanical apprenticeship within a manufacturing industry;
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant post apprenticeship experience in a manufacturing environment – fitting, repair and installation;
- Strong technical skills;
- Confident in reading and understanding engineering drawings to include hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams;
- Experience in carrying out fault finding
- Logical and well organised approach to problem solving;
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team;
- Computer literate.
- BTEC qualification in mechanical / electrical engineering;
- A good understanding of electrical systems and electronic controls would be advantageous
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment, to operate under time pressure;
- Previous experience in a regulated environment or Pharmaceutical industry.
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Newry, Co. Down
Remuneration: Salary Attractive
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Paid Holidays, On-site Parking, Pension Scheme, Canteen Facilities, Healthcare plan, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Car Insurance, Perks Scheme
Contact: The Human Resources Department
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community.