In Norbrook we pride ourselves in being one of the top companies in Northern Ireland and one of the top veterinary pharmaceutical companies globally. We develop & manufacture veterinary medicines, supplying products to 120 countries globally. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in R&D to launch new products annually, we have opportunities for individuals to join us and develop their career in a global company.
Our business strategy is supported by our Values – Customer Value, One Team, Results Driven, Excellence, Innovation, and Quality – and we support our employees to live the behaviours that creates our culture. Our on-going success is based on the expertise, knowledge and innovation of our employees. If you are interested in joining our team here at Norbrook and supporting our vision, then apply for this role.
Support a multi-disciplined team to optimise company assets in a cost effective manner with effective trouble shooting techniques, development of planned maintenance and asset care programmes to deliver departmental Key Business Indicator’s (KPI’s). This role will require on-going engagement from all of the different departments and stakeholders which will involve significant people engagement as well as a good technical understanding of the facilities to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislative requirements.
- Ensure compliance to Health and Safety and Environmental regulations and policies pertaining to the maintenance department.
- Ensure that all regulatory and audit requirements associated with the maintenance department are met.
- Management of 3rd party contractors ensuring risk assessments, method statements and all additional information is provided prior to commencement of work onsite.
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are current, technically correct and up to date for engineering and maintenance activities.
- Manage and provide leadership to the maintenance department to ensure that facilities and systems are maintained to the highest standards therefore minimising downtime and maximising uptime of plant facilities
- Ownership of KPI’s and reporting metrics for assets with maintenance management, track performance and be able to demonstrate improvements in asset uptime and reliability.
- Ensure that maintenance schedules are met and that all work carried out has been documented.
- Ensure performance of team workmanship standards are met to agreed standards.
- Implementation of all Norbrook HR policies and procedures relevant to team.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Qualified in an electrical, electronic or mechanical or relevant discipline (City & Guilds, BTEC or Degree)
- Minimum of 5+ years post apprenticeship experience or 2 years post graduate experience
- Demonstrate experience leading teams, coordination and planning and execution of work
- Continuous improvement mind-set, embraces change and creates a sense of urgency to deliver change
- Strong computer skills and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office with the ability to generate reports
- 3rd level qualification in related technical discipline
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified or working towards
- 5 + years supervisory or technical leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Newry, Co. Down
Remuneration: Salary Attractive
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Company Pension Scheme, 30 days annual leave, Wedding Leave, Employee well-being initiatives, Healthcare plan, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, On-site free parking, Canteen Facilities, Employee Perks scheme, Discounted Car Insurance, Annual Employee raffle, employee recognition scheme, career development opportunities and much more…
Contact: The Human Resources Department
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community.