In Norbrook we pride ourselves in being one of the top 11 companies in Northern Ireland and in the top 15 veterinary pharmaceutical companies globally. We develop & manufacture veterinary medicines, supplying products to 120 countries globally. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in R&D to launch new products annually, we have opportunities for individuals to join us and develop their career in a global company.
Our business strategy is supported by our Values – Customer Value, One Team, Results Driven, Excellence, Innovation, and Quality – and we support our employees to live the behaviours that creates our culture. Our on-going success is based on the expertise, knowledge and innovation of our employees. If you are interested in joining our team here at Norbrook and supporting our vision, then apply for this role.
Due to continued growth, Norbrook Laboratories Ltd is seeking to recruit Maintenance Electrician. Based within our Maintenance Department the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out day to day electrical and mechanical maintenance within a manufacturing facility comprising of both preventive and reactive duties.
The candidate is a critical member of Central Services Maintenance team and will take the lead role in maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing industrial machinery forming part of our pharmaceutical manufacturing plant. The individual must also be willing to perform maintenance tasks for production output support as part of a team.
- Rectify electrical and support mechanical fault finding, and breakdowns efficiently and effectively
- Communicate, record any changes, relevant information fully to other personnel and complete maintenance documentation.
- Work as an integral part of an engineering team.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others, ensuring compliance with all safety regulations.
- All employees are required to be flexible and carry out any reasonable requests to suit the needs of the business.
- To carry out routine/preventative and reactive maintenance on all electrical aspects of the plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Respond to plant breakdowns by ensuring that PPM is carried out, reducing downtime.
- Ensure that all works are carried out to a high standard as expected on a Pharmaceutical plant.
- Ensure all H&S (Health and Safety) procedures are adhered to including Permit to Work, Comply with Norbrook’s LOTO system at all times.
- Assist in the preparation of RAMS, necessary to carry out each task.
- Comply with Health & Safety requirements: as per training, policies, procedures, risk assessments, method statements, safe systems of work etc.
- Actively seek to improve safety culture.
- Report any H&S issues/accidents/near misses to your line manager immediately.
- Attend training as required to maintain personal qualification/competence.
- Comply with the Company Equal Opportunities Policy and promote equality.
- Any other duties as required by line management, commensurate with the post holder’s level of training and competence.
- Create maintain & enhance effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary.
The following essential criteria is required for this role:
- A minimum of 3 years+ relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of control systems;Strong technical skills.
- Experience in carrying out fault finding, reactive maintenance works and installation works.
- Logical and well organised approach to problem solving.
- Time served Electrical Maintenance Apprenticeship within manufacturing industry.
Due to the nature of the role preference will be given to applicants demonstrating the following desirable criteria;
- Ability to troubleshoot controls and electrical systems with amp meters, voltmeters, tracers, and recording devices.
- Sound, control systems awareness with cross functional mechanical experience.
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment, to operate under time pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team or unsupervised.
- BTEC qualification in electrical engineering.
- Atex qualified.
- Experience with Injet printers and high speed packaging lines.
- Experience using Computerised Maintenance ManagementSystem (CMMS)
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Newry, Co. Down
Remuneration: Salary Attractive
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Paid Holidays, On-site Parking, Pension Scheme, Canteen Facilities, Healthcare plan, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Car Insurance, Perks Scheme
Contact: The Human Resources Department
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community.