In Norbrook we pride ourselves in being one of the top 11 companies in Northern Ireland and in the top 15 veterinary pharmaceutical companies globally. We develop & manufacture veterinary medicines, supplying products to 120 countries globally. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in R&D to launch new products annually, we have opportunities for individuals to join us and develop their career in a global company.
Our business strategy is supported by our Values – Customer Value, One Team, Results Driven, Excellence, Innovation, and Quality – and we support our employees to live the behaviours that creates our culture. Our on-going success is based on the expertise, knowledge and innovation of our employees. If you are interested in joining our team here at Norbrook and supporting our vision, then apply for this role.
- To assist the company in meeting and exceeding its legal obligation with regard to all health and safety regulations.
- To assist the EHS manager and team in establishing standards and policies of H&S in all areas of the factories, and to assist in their implementation.(Policy setting)
- To advise and liaise with Managers, Supervisors and employees on all sites as to the necessity and implementation of these standards. (Communicating & Training)
- To ensure through regular assessment and monitoring that the above standards are being maintained. (Audit & Inspection)
- Feedback non-compliance issues and agree actions to become compliant. (Discipline and Enforcement)
- Ensure practical risk assessments are carried out for all tasks within the company. Coach employees to complete good quality risk assessments and to manage same.
- Advise managers, supervisors and employees of their duties under the various H&S regulations. Coach good behaviours and mind-sets.
- Organise and deliver H&S training as required.
- Ensure company sets its employees and contractors to work in a safe manner.
- Set example for good housekeeping, mind-sets and behaviours. Complete safety inspections regularly, feedback and follow up on closure of actions.
- Challenge unsafe systems of work, advise on alternative SSOW. Ensure managers provide information, instruction and training to their team members including supervision.
- Maintain & update online document systems to ensure H&S documentation is up to date.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- At least 3 years previous H&S experience within a Manufacturing / Engineering environment
- Knowledge of current and impending legislation and implications
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the credibility and energy to make an immediate impact at all levels
- Competent in MS office applications
- Supervisory qualification or experience
- Previous H&S experience with the Pharmaceutical industry
- NEBOSH Diploma
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Newry, Co. Down
Remuneration: Salary Attractive
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Paid Holidays, On-site Parking, Pension Scheme, Canteen Facilities, Healthcare plan, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Car Insurance, Perks Scheme
Contact: The Human Resources Department
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community.