Savage and Whitten Wholesale is one of Ireland’s largest independent wholesalers, that recently celebrated 100 years in business.
As we look ahead to the next 100 years, we are keen to engage talented and motivated people to join the S&W team.
As a people focused business you can be assured that a career with S&W will be both progressive and rewarding.
Role: Finance Assistant
Contract: Temporary – Full Time – Maternity Cover (9-12 months)
Reporting to: Financial Controller
The successful candidate will support the Finance team by accurately checking invoices approved for payment against goods received and to support customers and departments in dealing with finance issues.
- Work closely with the Financial Controller and finance team to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters.
- Support the finance team by imputing into sales and purchase ledgers from source documents.
- Matching invoices to statements and purchase order to invoices.
- Input accounting data on to internal Swords system with speed and accuracy.
- Assist in preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required.
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company’s monthly financial reporting is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Resolution of finance related queries
- Assist with year-end preparations and procedures.
- Invoice posting and matching to goods received/purchase invoices.
- Coding and processing of purchase invoices.
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Dealing with supplier queries and credit claims
- Match deliveries to invoices, checking for shorts, returns and damages.
- Creditor payment reconciliations
Qualifications & Training
- GCSE Maths & English or equivalent
- Have are working towards ab Accounts or Business qualification, e.g. Degree/HND in business or Accounting Technician
- 4 years’ experience working in a financial administrative capacity
- Experience of in-house computer systems
- Customer service experience – through a variety of communication methods.
- An understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Experience with EDI set up and integration
Skills & Abilities
- High level of expertise in use of Microsoft packages including Excel and Word
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Adaptable to changing priorities.
- Able to manage a high-volume workload.
- Able to work in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Customer focused
- Have a methodical and meticulous work aptitude
- Clam and professional manner
Job benefits and perks:
Savage & Whitten’s wish to encourage a high-performing culture.
We value and respect all our employees and to thank them for all their hard work, dedication and passion we offer a generous benefits package, to highlight only a few:
- Annual Leave & People Friendly Policies
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme (Employer 3% & Employee 5% contribution)
- Employers for Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Excellent training programmes
- Opportunity to progress to other roles
If you fit all the above criteria and have strong experience in a similar position and are looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
CVs and cover letters should be sent before the closing date of the Wednesday 26th June 2019 @ 5pm