In Norbrook we pride ourselves in being one of the top 11 companies in Northern Ireland and in the top 15 veterinary pharmaceutical companies globally. We develop & manufacture veterinary medicines, supplying products to 120 countries globally. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in R&D to launch new products annually, we have opportunities for individuals to join us and develop their career in a global company.
Our business strategy is supported by our Values – Customer Value, One Team, Results Driven, Excellence, Innovation, and Quality – and we support our employees to live the behaviours that creates our culture. Our on-going success is based on the expertise, knowledge and innovation of our employees. If you are interested in joining our team here at Norbrook and supporting our vision, then apply for this role.
Applications are invited for the role of Environmental Monitoring Technician as part of the Environmental Microbiology Department.
The successful candidates will be based primarily within the Production manufacturing areas and will be responsible for gathering samples and test data from these areas for quality assurance purposes in line with current Good Manufacturing Practice and regulatory guidance.
This is an important role which requires dedicated individuals who can work largely unsupervised using their own initiative, who are capable of employing good time-management and organisational skills.
- Environmental sampling of high-grade pharmaceutical cleanrooms including surface, personnel, air and particle count testing using excellent aseptic technique
- Recording of environmental data on the departmental database system
- Assisting with investigations into environmental non-conformant results
The successful candidate will be required to work a shift pattern which, depending on Production operations will involve either 8 hour or 12 hour rotations including nightshifts and weekends.
Full training will be given for this role.
- Grade C or above in both English and Maths at GCSE level (or equivalent).
- The ability to work a shift pattern including a continental shift pattern.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as demonstrated on application form, pre-interview written test and at interview.
- Must be physically capable of carrying out the gowning procedure for entry into cleanrooms and be capable of standing for extended periods of time.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- A full UK Driving Licence with access to a car.
- Educated to at least A Level or equivalent.
- Experience of shift work.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of following formal Standard Operating Procedures.
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Newry, Co. Down
Remuneration: Salary Attractive
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Company Pension Scheme, 30 days annual leave, Wedding Leave, Employee well-being initiatives, Healthcare plan, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, On-site free parking, Canteen Facilities, Employee Perks scheme, Discounted Car Insurance, Annual Employee raffle, employee recognition scheme, career development opportunities and much more…
Contact: The Human Resources Department
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community.