In Norbrook we pride ourselves in being one of the top companies in Northern Ireland and one of the top veterinary pharmaceutical companies globally. We develop & manufacture veterinary medicines, supplying products to 120 countries globally. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in R&D to launch new products annually, we have opportunities for individuals to join us and develop their career in a global company.
Our business strategy is supported by our Values – Customer Value, One Team, Results Driven, Excellence, Innovation, and Quality – and we support our employees to live the behaviours that creates our culture. Our on-going success is based on the expertise, knowledge and innovation of our employees. If you are interested in joining our team here at Norbrook and supporting our vision, then apply for this role.
Due to continued growth, Norbrook Laboratories Ltd is seeking to recruit an Electronics Technician. Based within our Maintenance Department the successful candidate will be responsible for Electronic and maintenance activities with in a manufacturing environment comprising of both preventive and reactive duties, to also include data collection/documentation for validated systems.
The candidate is a critical member of the Maintenance team and will take the lead role in maintaining, troubleshooting Electronic equipment and instrumentation forming part of our pharmaceutical manufacturing plant. Managing the data and documentation for all data collected from the validated systems within Norbrook Laboratories Ltd.
aintain systems and softwaacturing systems strategy
- To carry out routine/preventative and reactive maintenance on electronic components of the plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Rectify and support Electronic breakdowns efficiently and effectively
- Communicate, record any changes, relevant information fully to other personnel and complete maintenance documentation.
- Work as an integral part of an engineering team.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others, ensuring compliance with all safety regulations.
- Respond to plant breakdowns by ensuring that PPM is carried out, reducing dow
- Ensure that all works are carried out to a high standard as expected on a Pharmaceutical plant.
- Ensure all H&S (Health and Safety) procedures are adhered to including Permit to Work, Comply with Norbrook’s LOTO system at all times.
- Comply with Health & Safety requirements: as per training, policies, procedures, risk assessments, method statements, safe systems of work et
- Report any H&S issues/accidents/near misses to your line manager immediately.
- Attend training as required to maintain personal qualification/competence.
- All employees are required to be flexible and carry out any reasonable requests to suit the needs of the business.
- Comply with the Company Equal Opportunities Policy and promote equality.
- Any other duties as required by line management, commensurate with the post holder’s level of training and competen
- ONC/HNC qualification in an engineering discipline & minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- In depth knowledge of process control/instrumentation
- Knowledge of control systems within automated equipment
- Strong technical skills
- Experience in carrying out process control/instrumentation fault finding and planned maintenance
- Logical and well organised approach to problem solving
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation systems employed on automated equipment
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment, to operate under time pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team or unsupervised
- Higher Level qualification in an engineering discipline
- Recognised calibration technical qualification
- ATEX qualified
- Experience with PLC controlled systems
- Experience using a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Experience of technical documentation writing (e.g. SOP’s, Instrument/Equipment Specifications)
- Documentation Control
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Newry, Co. Down
Remuneration: Salary Attractive
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Company Pension Scheme, 30 days annual leave, Wedding Leave, Employee well-being initiatives, Healthcare plan, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, On-site free parking, Canteen Facilities, Employee Perks scheme, Discounted Car Insurance, Annual Employee raffle, employee recognition scheme, career development opportunities and much more…
Contact: The Human Resources Department
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community.