Customer Assistant – Checkouts
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
Note: We pay an additional premium for working through the night and in some stores we pay a premium for the location a store is in. We’re making some changes to these premiums in July; should you be invited to interview we’ll let you know what these changes are and how they will affect the rate of pay for this vacancy.â€‹
Please note, you application must be completed including your Right to Work check within 7 days of the closing date.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Always put the customer first and consider them in everything you do.
- Get to know your customers and serve them with pride.
- Help to ensure products and services are available for customers at all times.
- Handle all products with care to maintain quality and ensure they reach the customer in the best condition.
- Keep the shop floor and back areas clean and tidy at all times.
- Using the training you receive, follow department routines and processes.
- Follow all company policies and adhere to Health and Safety routines.
- Whilst you will have a core role, you may be asked to support your colleagues by helping in other departments.
You will need
- Able to give great, natural customer service by proactively smiling, greeting, acknowledging and helping customers.
- Works hard for customers, your team and your department.
- You are able to prioritise to ensure anything you do is right for our customers.
- Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever changing demands of our business.
- You must be able to follow instructions either verbal or written.
- You are reliable and a good timekeeper.
- You must be smart and tidy at all times.
We’re the UK’s number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering customers the biggest range of products around. And that’s not just food, but everything from clothes and kettles to financial services.
But did you know we offer the biggest job opportunities too? With stores across the UK, and a variety of roles, we are always looking for people who are as passionate about helping customers as we are.
Our Every Little Helps approach doesn’t just apply to our customers. It’s at the very heart of everything we do at work – and it’s what makes us different. We believe in treating each other with respect, and everyone having the opportunity to get on. That’s what makes Tesco such a great place to work.
- Colleague Discount Card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco and 25% discount at Tesco Cafe.
- The Tesco Retirement Savings Plan – save between 4% and 7.5%, and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance – 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join ‘Buy As You Earn’ after 3 months, and ‘Save As You Earn’ after 1 year.
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses.
Click on ‘Apply for the Job’ button below.
- Address Newry