- As a key member of the Commercial management team, actively contribute to the formulation and implementation of the company’s short, medium and long term business objectives and lead the development and execution of the business development strategy for the GB market.
- In conjunction with the Head of Sales & Marketing, develop and ensure the execution of challenging personal KPIs, construct sales forecasts and monitor and report on sales achievement.
- Identify, profile, analyse and implement new business opportunities in the GB market and ascertain the most appropriate means of entry in each case.
- Build and maintain strategic business partnerships with multiples and key customers in the GB market assuming a proactive approach in facilitating the growth of sales and developing mutually beneficial customer relationships.
- Introduce prospective customers to the company and its products through the use of cold calls, pre- arranged one to one meetings and formal presentations.
- Provide product guidance, negotiate pricing requirements within defined parameters and agree credit terms with customers, remaining aware of profit margins.
- Act as the primary commercial contact for key customer accounts by liaising with buyers and the NPD department to forge strong working relationships and deliver the company’s ambitious business development plans.
- Actively manage all price files, promotions and category reviews.
- Contribute to new product development, customer care and the company’s approach to quality through the presentation of customer feedback and market research and work closely with the company’s NPD department to help create products that have good commercial potential.
- Develop, implement and maintain a robust database of customer, competitor and market information for the company and maintain a good knowledge of market and consumer trends that are relevant to the business.
- Organise the participation of the company at customer trade shows and events, building brand awareness in order to generate and secure new business contacts.
- Ensure customer needs and objectives are delivered in a timely and efficient manner to promote a high level of customer service.
- Produce regular sales activity and financial reports and other information as required by the management team to assist with sales, financial and operational planning and to inform future business development direction.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as determined by the Head of Sales & Marketing.
- To proactively identify suitable commercial opportunities and to convert these into new strategic partnerships;
- To professionally and effectively manage key accounts to maximise sales and account profitability, building long term relationships, ensuring high levels of customer care and satisfaction and that customer and market requirements are clearly identified and communicated throughout the business;
- To monitor customer/consumer needs, market trends and developments ensuring product offerings are competitive, viable for efficient/profitable manufacture, initiating timely product and process innovation to ensure pipeline of new products and rejuvenations.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate how they meet the essential criteria below:
- Minimum HND Level or equivalent education
- Previous experience in sales or business development management in the FMCG sector
- Experience in selling to multiples.
- Proven track record of sales achievement in a challenging environment, including experience in establishing long term business in export markets
- Experience in reviewing, extracting, analysing and presenting sales/business development related management information
- Understanding of sales related financial data (ie. profit margins, cost of sales
- Exceptionally well developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including strong presentation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Evidence of effective analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Evidence of strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and maintain effective, long term business relationships with key customers
- Demonstrated ability to independently achieve results while working on own initiative
- Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software
- Proven ability to contribute effectively as part of a cohesive team
If you would like to find out more information on the role or apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
- Address 40 Mary Street, Castlewellan, BT31 9DU
- Salary Offer 40k