The role will involve using Sage 50 payroll to process a weekly payroll for approximately 200+ employees in a timely and accurate manner as well as completing various payroll & HR reports. The Payroll & HR administrator will also be tasked to provide daily comprehensive and effective administrative support to the HR Officer & HR & H&S Manager.
- Calculating hours and overtime using a time clock system and entering data onto Excel, using pivot tables to extract data to be uploaded to Sage 50 payroll.
- Maintaining the payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data.
- Processing a weekly payroll using Sage 50 Payroll including statutory year end returns and P60s.
- Deal with employee queries regarding wages, deductions, attendance, and time records.
- Receive and coordinate requests for leave and other absences
- Adhere to payroll policies and procedures and comply with relevant law
- Identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records.
- Honour confidentiality of employees’ pay records.
- Complete payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review
- Calculate holiday entitlement and holiday pay in line with current legislation
- Any other payroll duties as required by the business.
- Process all new starters and leavers including production of employment contracts, induction packs, reference requests, company handbooks, leaver letters and holiday payments.
- Process all paperwork associated with employment changes and variations to contracts.
- Create and maintain all employee personnel files, ensuring archiving of leavers and cleansing of information held in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act.
- Create and maintain up to date folders and spreadsheets for all employee benefit information.
- Assist with any recruitment administration, including employment applications and ensure safer recruitment practices are met.
- Support the administration of annual pay review, employee survey and HR statistics.
- Maintain the HR Database including absence reporting.
- Taking minutes of various meetings effectively with confidentiality.
- Answering telephone calls to deal with employee sickness/absence and recording this for their personal and payroll record.
- Any other duties as required by the business.
- Support the HR team with all additional HR administration requirements.
The post holder will have a strong commitment to confidentiality.
Qualifications and Experience
- Sage 50 Payroll experience/qualification.
- Excellent IT skills with proven experience in all Microsoft Packages and a good knowledge of spreadsheets and pivot tables.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident telephone manner and highly developed interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of team as well as on own initiative.
- Good time management.
- Good standard of formal education with above average literacy and numeracy.
- Experience working in a similar role.
- CIPD or equivalent HR qualification/ working towards this.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of current employment law and understanding of HR policies.
- Experience of using a computerised time clock system would be advantageous.
- Experience taking minutes of meetings.
Hours of work:
Contracted 38 Hours per week.
Closing date for application is Wednesday 16th June 2021
APPLICATION FORMS AVAILABLE FOR COLLECTION FROM:
14 THE HARBOUR, KILKEEL, BT34 4AX
OR EMAIL: HR@KILKEEL-SEAFOODS.COM
PHONE: 028 417 61930
Kilkeel Seafoods is an equal opportunities employer
- Address Kilkeel Seafoods
- Salary Offer £10.50